(630) 341-1376
HomeAbout UsServicesContact Us

Uche O. Nwakudu & Associates 
Attorneys at Law
Going through a divorce can be one of the most painful and highly emotional experiences for anyone. Divorce or child custody disputes are sometimes acrimonious events that require a compassionate and experienced family law attorney to help maneuver through the difficult terrain of boiling emotions and devastated feelings. Our principle in representing our clients is guided by the old Chinese proverb which says; "It should not be difficult in moments of bitterness to untie the knots that were tied in moments of sweetness". Our services cover:

  • Child Custody 
  • Parenting and Visitation Issues
  • Child support
  • Maintenance (Alimony)
  • Property division
  • Domestic violence, orders of protection
  • Post divorce modification of child custody, child support, alimony
  • Enforcement of decrees


 Our number one goal is to ensure that you get proper treatment for your injuries. Then we fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve. We offer exceptional legal representation for all types of injuries and accidents, including:

  • Car Accidents
  • Truck Accidents
  • Train Accidents
  • Construction Accidents
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Wrongful Death
  • Nursing Home Injury
  • Slip and Fall & Premises Liability
  • Product Liability

Uche O. Nwakudu & Associates
2210 Midwest Road, Suite 204
Oakbrook, IL 60523

Bankruptcy laws are designed to give people relief from the crushing weight of debts and to give them a brand new start. Most financial decisions are made in good faith but sometimes, the unexpected happens! There is no reward for carrying a load that is too heavy for you to carry. There is no shame in seeking protection under the law!

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy - Liquidation
    Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code gives financially overburdened debtors a chance to start afresh; to be rid of their debts; and to enjoy a new breath of freedom. All unsecured debts with a few exceptions can be discharged under this chapter, meaning that the debtor will no longer be responsible for paying back the debt.
    Dischargeable debts under Chapter 7
•Credit card debts
•Medical bills
•Other personal debts
    Debts that are not dischargeable under Chapter 7 generally include most student loans, taxes owed to government and child support payments

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy - Payment plans
    Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows overburdened debtors to structure payments on some of their debts in order to give them relief. Under Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code, the overall debt amount is reduced by a percentage and remaining debt is consolidated into three to five year repayment plans.
    Chapter 13 also allows the debtor to pay off some debts at a reduced amount depending on which class the creditor falls. Some debts can be paid off for as little as 10% of their original amount.

Uche O. Nwakudu & Associates
2210 Midwest Road, Suite 204
Oakbrook, IL 60523

Disclaimer: Communications between you and Uche O. Nwakudu & Associates are protected by our Privacy Policy but not by the attorney-client privilege or as work product. The materials on this website are intended for information purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. The purpose of the website is to provide information to the public about our services and does not effectuate an attorney-client relationship with anyone viewing the information. Your access to the website is subject to our Terms of Use. Uche O. Nwakudu & Associates, 2210 Midwest Road, Suite 204, Oakbrook, IL 60523
Contact Us
Uche O. Nwakudu & Associates - Services
The US immigration system can be daunting sometimes especially with constant rule changes and a revolving door of policies. Recently immigration and visa laws have gotten stricter with far less room for getting it wrong the first time than it was ten years ago. It requires a skilled immigration lawyer to maneuver through the complexities that many people trying to receive immigration benefits face. A simple error here or there can have huge ramifications for your desire to live and work here legally. Thinking that it all boils down to filling out forms and mailing them can lead to overlooking situations and conditions that can have disastrous consequences. We understand all the intricacies and complexities and when you hire us to represent you, we take the time to thoroughly evaluate your situation, clearly explain your options and recommend a path to success for you. Each case is unique and has its own elements. Many people erroneously think that the way it worked for someone else is the way it would work for them. Even in the eyes of Immigration officials, no two cases are the same and no similar circumstances can warrant the same result. Talk to a lawyer who understands that your case is unique. Talk to us because we know how to handle the peculiarities of your case to get you to your desired goal of living and working in the US legally.

Green Cards (Permanent Resident Card)
We will help you prepare and file the petition along with other necessary applications. We will guide you through the process to ensure that you have the necessary documentation and preparedness for your interview. Remember that you case is unique and even though you may be tempted to do it yourself, there may be important situations and circumstances that you may not consider. 

We will help you prepare and file petitions and all forms so that your spouse can arrive in the U.S at the earliest. Some people who try to complete the process themselves using information they obtained from the internet get lost in information and waste months trying to figure out the details. if you want to avoid unnecessary delays and ensure that your spouse comes to the U.S at the earliest possible time, hire us to do the work for you. 

Family Immigration - K Visas
    If you are a citizen or lawful permanent resident and meet certain requirements, you can petition for family members and relatives to immigrate to the US Immediate relatives such as husbands, wives, and unmarried children under age 21 will not have to wait for an immigrant visa number. If you would like to bring your spouse, children, or other relatives to the United States, we can explain the requirements and help you through the family immigration process. If you want to bring a fiancé or fiancée to the United States, we can help you obtain a fiancé K-1 visa and adjust your new spouse's status to permanent residence after the wedding.

Employment-based Immigration - EB Visas
    If you have an offer of permanent employment in the U.S. You have a path to becoming a lawful permanent resident of the United States through permanent employment. We will assist you with EB immigration visas and employment immigration concerns. We can also assist employers who wish to hire foreign workers file labor certification (PERM) requests and petitions for non-documented workers, sponsor foreign workers, and complete all other steps necessary to legally hire foreign workers.

Citizenship (Naturalization & Certification)
    If you are eligible for citizenship we will assist you in the process of naturalization and help prepare and file your application. Your eligible child under the age of Eighteen who is eligible can obtain citizenship by Certification. We will assist in preparing and filing the applicable applications.

Political Asylum
    Asylum can be granted to a person outside of his or her country of nationality who is unable or unwilling to return because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinions. We can help you file an Application for Asylum and Withholding of Removal and represent you in all proceedings regarding your request for asylum.

Deportation - Removal Defense 
​    Non-citizens can be deported if they violate United States immigration or criminal laws. If you have received a Notice to Appear from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (US ICE), contact us to discuss how we can defend you and challenge your removal. 

For a free evaluation of your case, call: (630) 341-1376